Student Government Association
March 24, 2021
I. Prayer by Owen Meilander
II. Roll Call and Announcements
III. Approval of Minutes
• Motion to approve last week’s minutes by Yiannoula Katsadas, seconded by Montana Ferita.
IV. Executive Officers Reports
President – Noah Pollio
• Voting on Senior Speaker Committee Person
• Keely Kennedy was selected as the senior representative.
o SGA Senator
Vice President – Allison Sherman
o VolleyRock Survey
Secretary – Jess Reabe
o 26 senators in attendance tonight
Treasurer – Mitchel Henderson
$21.15-Sticker Material for BLM March and SGA Day
o Audits start next week
o Committee has been trained
o Discussion of what to do with rollover
V. Open Forum
VI. Committee Reports
Diversity – Journey Washington
o Moment of Silence
o March report
o New ideas for activism
Academics- Emma Neel
o Academic concerns
o Meeting with McMinn
- No virtual/hybrid classes in the fall
- Class sizes are going to increase
- Graduation info going out to seniors soon
o URAC Moderators
Community Engagement – Olivia Jacobson
o Meeting with Boylan and Krantz
- Discussed the broken bridge in the bio trails
- Bees are fine
- April Service Project
Student Concerns – Logan Minch
o Student concerns
- Trashcans on the quad
- Sanitizer in classrooms is low
- Tables by chairs
o FAC Report
VII. Old Business
VIII. New Business
• Motion by Owen Meilander to nominate an SGA Senator for Senior Speaker Selection Committee, seconded by Montana Ferita.
i. Jack nominates himself
1. Congrats Jack!
IX. Open Floor
• Zeta Tau Alpha is having a home run derby on Sunday, March 28th at 12. There will be raffle baskets, see a sister for a ticket.
• Phi Mu is having a raffle, see a sister for more info.
• Frisbee is at 4:00
• SAGA is having Karaoke from 10-12 this Saturday at the Amphitheater.
• Active Minds is selling shirts till the 31st
• Kappa Delta is having Shamrock Week, see a sister for more information.
• Sigma Kappa is selling candy bars for a $1
• Math Honor Society is having a belated Pi Day on March 25 at 6-7 on the first floor of Hoyt
• Theta Chi is having a raffle of their brothers, see a brother for more information.
• Theta Chi is having a water balloon fundraiser on Friday, March 26th at 6 in the Quad.
• Motion to adjourn by Andrius Burnelis, seconded by Owen Meilander.