New Wilmington, Pa.-- Students who plan to participate in this year's Undergraduate Research & Arts Celebration (URAC) can submit their abstracts now through 5 p.m. Friday, March 5.
Submissions can be made online here. Organizers have scheduled this year's URAC for Wednesday, April 21.
Westminster College showcases student research presentations and performances at its annual URAC event. Undergraduate Research and Arts
In previous years, more than 300 students, ranging from first-years to seniors from nearly every academic discipline, participated the day-long activities, which include presentations, poster sessions, poetry readings, performances and art displays.
The 2021 URAC will operate under the restrictions and guidelines for the pandemic.
It will be a campus-wide hybrid event. Students from any discipline can participate in this year's Celebration through a variety of formats:
- In-Person Socially Distanced Poster Sessions (multiple one-hour sessions throughout the day)
- Competitive Application In-Person Podium Presentations (selected students will give a 20-minute talk)
- Zoom Oral Sessions (12-minute virtual talks)
- Virtual Round Table Discussions (45-minute sessions of presentation and discussion of a research theme by a group of 3-4 students)
- Art, Video, Entrepreneurship and Music Sessions (In-person, outdoors events or virtual events depending on student request)