NEW WILMINGTON, Pa. – The Westminster women's tennis team won their third-straight 9-0 shutout as the Titans defeated the visiting Waynesburg University Yellow Jackets at home on Tuesday.
All Westminster singles remained undefeated for the season and four of the six singles matches ended in shutouts, as first-year Amanda Barrett (Sarasota, FL / Suncoast Polytechnical) led the way with a 6-0, 6-0 win at No. 1 singles. Also collecting shutout victories in singles were sophomore Sabrina Slagle (Upper St. Clair, PA / Upper St. Clair) at No. 4, junior Sara Small (Beaver, PA / Beaver Area) at No. 5 and first-year Caroline Fox (Acton, CA / Vasquez) at No. 6. Slagle and Small also grabbed an 8-0 shutout at No. 3 doubles, while Fox paired with senior Casey Barton (New York City, NY / Dominican Academy) to earn the shutout at No. 2 doubles
Westminster improved to 4-0 (4-0 PAC), while Waynesburg dropped to 0-3 (0-3 PAC) on the season.
The Titans will return to the court tomorrow at home to take on Carnegie Mellon University at 4:30 p.m.
1. Amanda Barrett (WES) def. Kyleigh Schmidt (WAY) 6-0, 6-0
2. Julia Serbati (WES) def. Madison Trent (WAY) 6-2, 6-0
3. Casey Barton (WES) def. Hayley Sweeney (WAY) 6-1, 6-0
4. Sabrina Slagle (WES) def. Amy Liu (WAY) 6-0, 6-0
5. Sara Small (WES) def. Marina Hastings (WAY) 6-0, 6-0
6. Caroline Fox (WES) def. Olivia Ference (WAY) 6-0, 6-0