STEUBENVILLE, Ohio – The Westminster College women's tennis team took down Franciscan in their last regular season match on the road Sunday.
The Titans swept the doubles competition with first-year Amanda Barrett (Sarasota, FL / Suncoast Polytechnical) and senior Julia Serbati (Oil City, PA / Oil City) pairing up to defeat their opponents, 8-3, in the No. 1 spot. Barrett and Serbati also had success in their singles matches, with Barrett winning, 6-4, 7-6 (7-5), at No. 1 and Serbati picking up the win at No. 2 (7-5, 5-7, 10-4). Junior Sara Small (Beaver, PA / Beaver Area) shut out Susan Schuberg in No. 5 singles, while sophomore Sabrina Slagle (Upper St. Clair, PA / Upper St. Clair) and first-year Caroline Fox (Acton, CA / Vasquez) also earned straight-set wins in No. 4 and No. 6 singles.
Westminster improved to 7-2 (7-1 PAC), while Franciscan fell to 6-2 (6-1 PAC).
The Titans will play in the PAC Tournament, starting Tuesday, April 20. Location is yet to be determined.
1. Amanda Barrett (WES) def. Maria Herrera (FRNW2020) 6-4, 7-6 (7-5)
2. Julia Serbati (WES) def. Ana Victoria Haddad (FRNW2020) 7-5, 5-7, 10-4
3. Zoey Stapleton (FRNW2020) def. Casey Barton (WES) 6-4, 6-1
4. Sabrina Slagle (WES) def. Haley Davinsizer (FRNW2020) 6-2, 6-4
5. Sara Small (WES) def. Susan Schuberg (FRNW2020) 6-0, 6-0
6. Caroline Fox (WES) def. Alyce Davis (FRNW2020) 6-2, 6-2