HILTON HEAD, S.C. - The Westminster College women's tennis team won, 7-2, against non-conference opponent Nazareth College on Wednesday to conclude their Spring Break Trip in Hilton Head, South Carolina.
Seniors Margo Mason (Pittsburgh, PA / Chartiers Valley) and Alex Marzouca (Kingston Jamaica / Immaculate Conception) both won their matches at No. 1 and No. 2 singles in convincing fashion. Mason defeated her opponent by a score of 6-0, 6-2, while Marzouca earned a 6-1, 6-0 victory. The two then teamed up to win their match at No. 1 doubles by a score of 8-3. Junior Julia Serbati (Oil City, PA / Oil City Area) also won her No. 3 singles match in by a score of 6-2, 6-0. Serbati also won her doubles match, along side teammate Sara Small (Beaver, PA / Beaver Area), by a score of 8-3. Junior McKenna Robinson (Pittsburgh, PA / Shaler) rounded out Westminster's victories on the day with a 6-0, 6-1 win in No. 5 singles.
Westminster will be back in action on Wednesday, March 25th when its hosts Allegheny College in New Wilmington, PA.
1. Margo Mason (WES) def. Brooke Murphy (NAZARETH) 6-0, 6-2
2. Alex Marzouca (WES) def. Lauren Carr (NAZARETH) 6-1, 6-0
3. Julia Serbati (WES) def. Marissa Towers (NAZARETH) 6-2, 6-0
4. Caroline Keegan (NAZARETH) def. Sabrina Slagle (WES) 6-1, 4-0, retired
5. McKenna Robinson (WES) def. Hannah Chesner (NAZARETH) 6-0, 6-1
6. Sara Small (WES) def. Elizabeth Delaney (NAZARETH), by forfeit