NEW WILMINGTON, Pa.– The Westminster College Alumni Office will honor the Class of 1966 as it celebrates its 50th reunion during this weekend’s celebrations for Homecoming 2016. Saturday’s football game between the Westminster and the Saint Vincent will bring current undergrads together with returning alumni as they cheer on the Titans.
Campus leaders will also use halftime at the homecoming game to crown this year’s homecoming king and queen.
Alumni director Kara Montgomery and staffer Linda Wilson talked with WCN 24/7’s Dan Swank for our podcast conversation about this year’s festivities. They discuss the traditions at Westminster, including Saturday’s homecoming parade as well as what homecoming means for the Westminster community.
What to expect this homecoming weekend:
- Westminster’s Celebrity Series will present Defying Gravity, the Music of Stephen Schwartz to kick off the weekend. Visit www.westminster.edu/celebrity or call 724-946-7354 to purchase tickets.
- Friday’s schedule includes campus tours, an open house at McGill Library, Golden Tower Society hospitality area for alumni from 1930-1966, and Alumni Council’s awards reception and dinner.
- Saturday is a full day beginning with Purchase with a Purpose: A Fair Trade Market; a worship service led by the Class of 1966; “’90s TV Shows”- themed parade, reunion luncheons, photos and decade tents.
- Titan football will square off against the St. Vincent Bearcats. During halftime, the winners of Homecoming Court will be announced. Varsity volleyball will play Grove City at 1 P.M in Buzz Ridl Gymnasium.
- Sunday will feature meditation walks at the Sandy Edmiston Memorial Labyrinth and evening vespers.
Many of the weekend’s events require reservations. Visit www.westminster.edu/homecoming for a complete schedule and to register for activities.