Covering Our Campus & Our Community

A password will be e-mailed to you.

MOUNT PENN, Pa. (AP) — Officials say a Pennsylvania woman was bitten on the arm by a venomous snake when she went to her basement to do laundry.

Police say the Mount Penn woman called 911 Tuesday morning to report that she’d been bitten by a rattlesnake. Authorities say it was actually a 2-foot-long (0.61-meter) copperhead. They found it on a shelf near the washing machine.

Police called the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission, which bagged the snake and moved it to a safer location.

The woman was taken to a hospital. Her condition isn’t known. The Fish and Boat Commission says the copperhead’s bite is seldom life-threatening as long as the victim gets prompt medical attention.

The copperhead is the most common venomous snake in Pennsylvania.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This